Whew! What a fricken 20 months! When Pluto comes to town, he doesn’t go easy if there’s stuff you need to purge from your shadow and integrate it back into as a personal superpower.
WHAT IS A PLUTO SQUARE PLUTO TRANSIT?
When you’re born, Pluto, like every other planet, is in a certain spot in the sky. That spot is marked in your astrological birth chart. Pluto will be in a certain house, a certain sign and a specific degree of that sign. There are 360 degrees in a circle, and this big circle is broken up into 12 chunks of 12. These are the signs such as Leo, Taurus, Sagittarius, etc.. This means that there are 30 degrees in each sign because 360/12= 30. So you can check your birth chart or get it read by an astrologer to tell you which degree, of which house, of which sign your birth pluto resides in.
So that’s your birth pluto, but did you know there’s another pluto? Well, not exactly… but we DO take into consideration where Pluto is in the sky today. And today he will have a sign and degree. So now we are keeping in mind our natal or birth Pluto WHILE we are tracking Pluto today and where he is in relation to our birth pluto.
NOW, WHAT IS A SQUARE… OR A PLUTO SQUARE PLUTO?
Imagine you have that circle of 360 degrees again. Every time you count 90 degrees from any starting point, you get a “square” in astrology. (this is also why right angles are 90 degrees. Or why an actual square shape has 4 90-degree angles, it stems from the angles of that square shape inside of a circle.) SO when you take your birth pluto and count 90 degrees, you get your birth Pluto SQUARE actual today Pluto! And what’s even more interesting is that Pluto moves SO SLOW. This even happens roughly between 36-41 years of age. So this is really only going to be a once-in-a-lifetime event unless we get really good at living to 120 years of age or so.
This can be felt in your life anywhere from age 36 on because Pluto is coming closer to your birth Pluto. This is what we call a 5-pass transit. Because of retrogrades Pluto will make an exact square to your natal Pluto FIVE FRICKEN TIMES over the course of 20 months. This transit is definitely a doozy and is for sure an initiation into serious adulthood… which in my opinion happens at “mid-life”, where you are leaving behind childhood dreams that were built from a not-so-heathy place, and you become much more realistic about who you are and what truly you want to become in accordance to your soul’s mission. I believe Pluto clears all your blocks from reading and feeling your soul’s truest desires… IF you’re paying attention.
WHAT DOES PLUTO REPRESENT IN ASTROLOGY?
To keep it brief, since I’ve noticed I’ve already rambled on quite a bit here…Pluto represents all things death and rebirth, clearing of blocks, internal power struggles, power struggles with others who are close to you or that you have a pluto aspect to in their birth chart. It’s about letting go of stories we’ve told ourselves about life and about ourselves, in order to clear the way for some real achievements. And let’s not get it twisted, these things are usually very deep seated so imagine pulling a large bush out by the roots. IT FUCKING HURTS, it’s disruptive, and it leaves a giant hole (to then hopefully fill with more healthy life goals and interpretations. He will force parts of you that need to die, to die… so that you can be reborn.
I encourage you to learn more about Pluto because what I wrote above does not do it justice.
BELOW IS A SHORTLIST (LOL) OF HUGE LESSONS I LEARNED DURING THIS ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME PLUTO TRANSIT.
- Let go of what your inner child thought life would be like. Life is not whatever veil or mask a child makes up in order to deal with wounds, be loved or be seen. For example, an undying need to be famous just to soothe a vulnerability and attention issue. You may want to help others, but the illusion is that if you’re famous, your reputation will precede you and nobody will be mean to you WHILE you get to be seen, safely. When you can let that go, more of what’s meant for you can come in.
- This is a time of death and it can be really painful to try to create new things that will actually take off during this time. Creativity is just not a thing during this period (for me at least). Expect your inspiration to be gone because it is a time to go within, heal wounds, and change your perception filters on your life experience.
- You’re not a failure, you’re just in a death zone. Be easy on yourself. It’s not a season of forward momentum. It’s a season of growth via internal death and rebirth.
- Come meet your inner crone. This is her first big appearance.
- It’s great to have mini self-funerals often. It’s time to let go of old dreams that are holding you back or causing you pain because you don’t have them. If your dream isnt giving you hope or propelling you, let it die (even if it does becomes reborn in some way, you have to first let it go.)
- Get ready to meet the powerful part of you. What has kept you in victimhood will leave and you will learn how to take control and responsibility for yourself. You realize it’s your life, and you get to have what you want. But not until the roadblocks are clear and the transit is over.
- You won’t get what you want. “Thwarted” is the theme word here. This is all to shake free your old way of doing things in order to let the new way through you. This isn’t to say you won’t have, be or do anything during this time, but the outmoded unhelpful things you’ve been steering your life with will be ready to die.
- Boundaries appear and your tolerance for everything that doesn’t support your aligned goals and dreams goes away. You don’t take shit anymore. (hence the crone and personal power ha)
- Problem-solving skills go out the window. You’re learning how to solve problems in a new way. since we’re letting go of the old way of doing things that weren’t helpful, the roots that get pulled out leave a giant hole, and it will take some time to figure out new things and ways of doing things to refill that hole. It’s almost like you get thrown into victim mode so learning your old efficacy ways won’t work, and you’re here to learn new ones. Don’t give up!
- I had minimal access to remembering past lessons because I was too preoccupied with feeling deathy and going through the lessons that are present. Accessing past pain was actually quite hard for me during this time, I couldn’t remember it to help my students in their healing journeys. This definintely was a period of preoccupation with the current vibes of the day, and going back in time was blocked.
- Desire in all forms leaves you for a while. This is because this is a time of death, decay, and pause and desire is the seed of all creation. Don’t worry, the creative spark comes back.
Overall, this is here not to scare you, but to provide you with a roadmap so that when you go through yours, you will understand the vibes. Or if you’ve already gone through yours, you can get validated for why on earth the ages of 38-40 were so damn hard YET you still were able to function and have a fun life.
Obviously, everybody will have a different experience of this depending on which house your pluto is in and the aspect to other planets. If you need help during a difficult transit of your own, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org